Join us as an Active Directory Infrastructure Engineer
- Do you want to team up with some of the brightest minds in our industry to transform the banking experience for people, families and businesses across the UK?
- Our Application Hosting team are looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer to leverage the capabilities of our multi-cloud landscape and transform our Active Directory platform
- You’ll be working at the forefront of innovation, collaborating with our ecosystem partners to develop modern hosting solutions and navigate the complexities of a multi-cloud approach
- If this sounds like a challenge you want to get stuck into, apply now and let’s deliver the future of banking for the UK, today
What you'll do
It’s an exciting time to be an engineer at NatWest Group.
With the transformation of our infrastructure technologies well underway, we’ve accelerated our adoption of private and public cloud platforms to achieve the multi-cloud capability needed to power the future of banking, today.
But our journey doesn’t stop here. Our vision is to become cloud native, and we’re partnering with the experts and trailblazers in our ecosystem to make our hybrid cloud vision a reality – allowing us to leverage the capabilities across our mainframes, private and public clouds through a single control plane.
So what will you be doing?
We want you to help our teams modernise our infrastructure and develop modern hosting solutions that support cloud native services and applications on our Active Directory platform.
Day to day, you’ll be:
- Collaborating with your peers and ecosystem partners to deliver our hybrid and multi-cloud hosting strategy and five-year vision
- Defining the engineering standards and guardrails that will support the transformation of our platform engineering approach
- Utilising infrastructure-as-a-code (IaaC) and automation tools to deploy and integrate cutting-edge technology and platform strengths with greater agility, reduced risks, and lower costs
- Developing infrastructure road maps and detailed technology lifecycles, from new products and versions through to end of support and retirement
- Providing technical leadership to platform teams in the event of major incidents, complex technical issues or risk-exposed infrastructure
- Influencing and developing strategies and architectures at domain and enterprise levels
- Making sure our platform backlog contains detailed acceptance criteria
The skills you'll need
We’re a diverse team with broad skillsets, a passion for learning and an unwavering customer focus. If this resonates with you and you share any of the skills below, there’s a place for you on our journey to the future of banking.
In terms of your core skillset, you’ll need:
- A creative and collaborative approach to problem solving
- The ability to communicate ideas, and listen empathetically to others
- Interpersonal skills and intercultural awareness
- The ability to recognise, appreciate and advocate for diversity in a team
- A positive approach to giving, accepting, and applying feedback from others
- The ability to nurture strong working relationships with your colleagues, peers and stakeholders
- Both the ability and willingness to take charge of your personal development and continue to master your craft
- The ability to foster an environment where people feel comfortable being themselves
And in terms of your technical capability, you’ll be able to:
- Configure hybrid infrastructure components for Azure environments, using Microsoft Entra ID for cloud components and Active Directory for on-premises components
- Assess the architectural interoperability of hybrid identity and directory services in Windows Server environments
- Apply a deep, functional understanding of Active Directory Domain Services infrastructure and Windows Server (2012R2, 2016 and above) administration
- Facilitate inter-directory provisioning and deploy hybrid identity solutions using Microsoft Entra Cloud Sync and Connect Sync (formerly Azure AD Connect) services
- Use tools like Puppet, Gitlab, Terraform, TeamCity, Git and Ansible for DevOps configuration and automation
- Use tools like Jira and Confluence to plan, track and manage workflows
- Run Python scripts in PowerShell
Sign up for the chance to get matched to this role, and similar opportunities.