WHAT TO EXPECT
This is a great opportunity for a software architect to join JLR's Assisted and Automated Driving team. In this position, you will have the ability to provide AAD software solutions across a variety of ongoing and upcoming software projects .You will be working with teams of system engineers, robustness engineers, software integration teams, commodity engineers for system design, and external suppliers to delivery software architecture of system or components within the ADAS project and with the latest automotive technologies, you will ensure that software architectures are robust, reusable and extensible, resolving architectural challenges and ensuring clear communication of those architectures to stakeholders.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
· Design of the Software and Functions related to AAD Design and Architecture
· Software Design - the specification and design of systems and their components to meet defined needs, retaining compatibility with software architectures.
· The design, creation, testing and documenting of new and amended programs from supplied specifications in accordance with agreed standards.
· Delivery of software and sub-systems within ADAS across the range of JLR vehicles.
· Assist and contribute to the generation of targets and verification methods that are driven by Customer, Function Requirements and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
· Provide technical support and assistance across the operational team on topics relating to the gaps and risks, integration and harmonisation of multiple interconnected functions including issue resolution and objective data analysis.
· Supporting development of projects through the V model, PCS Milestone Plan and Electrical Processes and Implementation of technology, design, demonstrators, models and validation strategies.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
· Strong experience in embedded system development, preferably in automotive electronics industry for ADAS related products
· Strong communication and collaboration skills, work effectively with stakeholder cross functionally.
· Knowledge of software development processes (V-Model, Agile/SCRUM, ASPICE) and requirement management
· Strong knowledge of programming languages like C/C ++ and AUTOSAR
· Experience of system definition, software architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance.
· Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and related procedures
Sign up for the chance to get matched to this role, and similar opportunities.